Saturday 21 July 2012

#33

So last night I tried out this stuff:


Before





After








It sure looks (and smells; I haven't stopped smelling my hair since using it!) fancy, but then so do a lot of products that claim to do miraculous things and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that more often than not these miracles don't occur as you'd have hoped. The instructions told me to use 1 pump, but I have a lot of hair and needed to use 2-3. You can see the improvement from these pictures. It looks like it worked pretty damn well and it feels even better! My hair would not normally go a day without ferociously knotting itself but I can still run my fingers through it effortlessly. It feels as good as when I've just come out of the salon. A great product for when your hair needs some TLC and a little more than your ordinary conditioner. My split ends can now wait until after my holiday to be chopped off! On top of that, I no longer have to worry about the damage to my locks caused by the heat, sun and water that will attack it over the next two weeks, beautiful!

Oh and also, as promised here are the snaps I took while dip-dying my old denim shirt. I really like the way it turned out! What do you think?





How to dip-dye (no instructions style)
I'm not a big fan of following instructions at all, It just takes the fun out of the activity! So when it came to dip-dying I sort of just 'went for it'. The basic rules however are:
1) Get 500ml-ish of warm water and stir in the dye until dissolved

2) Poor the now liquid-dye into a bowl/bucket with lots of water in (6 litres is recommended) and add 5 tablespoons of salt (bare in mind how much water you use will affect the concentration of the dye)

3) Put your item of clothing into the water and hold/leave for as long as you like (I left it for about an hour)

4) Repeat with next colour (if using more than 1 like me)

Just bare in mind that the dye will travel up further than the point at which the item is not actually in the dye. I used Dylon powder pink and French lavender dye for my shirt. You can purchase them along with many other colours very cheaply on Amazon but I got mine from my local fabric/design-tech style shop.
Happy Dip-Dying!
x


No comments: